Sunday 15 April 2012

TOPSHOP Lipstick - Ohh La La






Ohh La La is described as a 'coral blush', and I'd definitely agree with this. I love the colour of this lipstick. It's a modern colour, but feels quite classic on the lips. A single swipe of this lipstick gives a sheer wash of colour that's really pretty, or it can be built up to a more striking, punchy coral.  Topshop claims that this lipstick is a matte finish, which smooths, moisturises and nourishes your lips. I'm not quite sure how true this is - in my opinion the formula of more of a semi-matte finish, although this isn't a problem for me as I didn't buy it thinking it was matte. As for the moisturising element of this lipstick, I'm yet to see any results of this, however that's not to say that it's drying and I don't think that using a lip balm before application is essential. I'd say that length of wear with this lipstick is around 2/3 hours, however it was put to the test during that time as I was eating, talking and drinking - so not bad I'd say! For £8 I'm really happy with this lipstick. The colour is gorgeous and will carry me through spring and summer, I have a thing for coral so really wanted to try it! The finish is (semi)matte although for people who are not fans of this finish, when used alongside a clear gloss it's beautiful also. I'd really recommend this product to someone who was looking for a coral lip colour, that on first application gives a sheer colour, but can be built up to achieve a vibrant finish. Love love love.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! I love Topshop lipsticks, such good quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to wearing this lipstick when it's actually warm and sunny... fingers crossed!

      Delete