Thursday 5 January 2012

8tracks.com

Hiyaaaaa! Wow it's been ages, sorry about that! This is just a quick post to tell you about something I thought was too good to share. It's different to my usual types of posts in that it's not product related, more of a service. Some of you may have heard of this already, but if not, it's http://8tracks.com



This website is amaaaazing and I'm so grateful to the person who told me about it. Basically, it's like Spotify in that you stream music, but there are NO adverts and instead of streaming one album/artist, you stream mixes that have been made by other people by searching tags, artists or descriptions. For example, you could search for dubstep, mashup, r&b, acoustic, indie, rock etc. Trust me, if you want it, it will be there.
You can also follow members who create mixes in order to keep up to date with their newest additions to the website, and like individual tracks of mixes to make them easier to find in the future.
I have literally started using this website today, and already a few of my 'favourited' tracks/mixes are:

I hope you give this a go and enjoy it! If you do make sure to let me know, I'd love to hear what you think!
Evie x



6 comments:

  1. @stella - i love it! so many remixes and mashups that i'd never have found otherwise! but yeah the fast forward thing is a bit annoying, but i can deal with that:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to check this out now! Anything with no adverts sounds good to me :)
    x

    ReplyDelete