Thursday 2 February 2012

Elizabeth Arden High Shine Gloss in Berrylicious

Elizabeth Arden is a brand which, I must admit, had never really caught my eye before now. I've always thought of it as a bit 'old lady-ish' I think, but I've discovered that, if this is anything to go by, their products are of really good quality!
I bought this lipgloss from cheapsmells.com for £6.50, but there is a very limited range of colours. As I'm sure you know however, Elizabeth Arden products can be found in most department stores, and retail at around £14.


Now on to the actual product! I put it on this morning, around 4 hours ago, and since then have been out and about, talking, eating and drinking. I can't tell you that it has stayed put 100% and looks freshly applied, but I can safely say that it lasted a good couple of hours before wearing off, which is no less than what I would have expected from a gloss. The consistency is nice, not too thick and not too 'nothing'. It does look a bit scary when you take the wand out of the tube, quite gloopy and hard to work with, but it's really not! 
The colour is gorgeous! A deep pinky/red that in my opinion would look great on all skin tones. I have kind of pale/medium skin, and I think it would suit my mum, who has medium skin, as well as it does me.



Pros
  • Gorgeous colour
  • Feels nice on the lips
  • Reasonably long lasting
Cons
  • Needs to be reapplied within a couple of hours (not a major problem)
  • Value doesn't meet price, although I really like this lip gloss, I'm glad I bought it for less than the RRP of £14





Have you tried one of these glosses before if so what did you think? Can you recommend some lip glosses for me to try?

Evie x


3 comments:

  1. i really like your eye makeup in the bottom pic! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that's my everyday school makeup hahah xo

      Delete
  2. This looks really pretty :)

    Laura xoxo
    http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete