Friday 3 February 2012

Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrup

I'm a massive fan of everything lipbalm-ish. I carry around 13 with my in my school bag on a daily basis (sad thing is, I'm not joking) because I hate the feeling when my lips don't have some sort of balm on them. I was shopping in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago and fancied a wee peek in Lush. I must admit I rarely shop there, I'm dead tight on wonga at the moment and I need to pay for driving lessons, as well as clothe myself, so as much as I'd like to spend money on bath bombs and face masks, I just can't. 
However (and it's a big however seeing as you can make a similar thing yourself from sugar and oil) this was placed on a stand near the door, and I couldn't resist it! It was £5, which in the heat of the moment seemed like an excellent price for what is essentially sugar and flavouring in a pot.. Looking back the price was maybe a bit steep but what can I say, I'm a sucker for anything that will make my lips look nice!

I really like the packaging for this product. It comes in a small glass pot, which makes the whole thing seem more substantial and worth the £5 price tag. You get 25g of product, so it will last a while. I'm not sure of the preferred regime for this product, but I've been using is every second day, followed by a load of Blistex intensive moisture, which is amazing! I do it at night, simply because the Blistex can leave you with ghostly looking lips, but that's just because it's so thick and incredibly moisturising, so I can't complain! 



As you can see, the colour is a bright vivid pink, which is immediately eye catching and I think makes the scrub more exciting to use! In terms of how well the product actually works, I can say that I have noticed a difference in how soft my lips are after using this scrub. However, even though I apply moisturiser straight away, it doesn't provide a lasting difference to my lips. I'm glad that I picked this up, because I would have always wondered about it, but I can't see myself buying this again.. Sorry lush!





 Have you tried this, or a similar product? What did you think? Hope you have a great weekend!

Evie x



10 comments:

  1. this looks like a great exfoliator:) lovely blog layout, the flowers are so cute!

    http://canvasofculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another lipbalm addict! I have to say it, I'd actually eat this if I bought it! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah yeah it does taste pretty good!xo

      Delete
  3. I love this, and so does my little brother haha.
    My lips feel so soft and it tastes so good haha.

    Laura xoxo
    http://call-of-beauty-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I sometimes have to stop myself just having a little bit instead of putting it on my lips! Ooops!xo

      Delete
  4. I'm always looking for ways to improve the condition of my lips so this is a great suggestion :) But I have been reading up and apparently honey is the best thing to use on dry lips and you can make a scrub by just mixing in some sugar. It's a cheap alternative to this & should be as effective if not more. Let me know if you try it out, I'm going to start doing this too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea! I'll definitely give it a go! Let me know how it goes for you!xo

      Delete
  5. I've been undecided whether or not to purchase this for a long time, I've seen so many different reviews on this :( I'm really stuck :(!

    I love your blog! Check out my blog? I post daily! :)
    http://xalldolledup.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a good product, but if I'm totally honest it doesn't make a huuuuge difference in the state of your lips. If it had cost more than the £5 I paid for it I probably wouldn't have bought it, but being such a lip product junkie I couldn't resist! You should definitely check it out.. If in doubt, pout (and who can pout with lips that aren't silky smooth?!;) )xo

      Delete