Tuesday 12 July 2011

Books books books

I went to the library today for the first time in aaages! My mum is there all the time, and the two of us used to go quite a lot but over the past three or four years I've lost interest in the idea. I think it's because that is around the time I started high school, and the thought of being seen in a library is just not cool to a 13 year old trying to be 'grown up'! But yes, I went with my mum today for lunch, and she had to return a few books so I went in with her, and found myself being drawn to the fiction isle...
I ended up with Pretty Woman by Fern Michaels and More Than You Can Say by Paul Torday. They both seem like really good books so I'll give them a go and let you know what I think!


While I'm on the topic of books, these are my favourite books at the moment: Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (which is actually a childrens book, I remember buying it from Borders when I was about 12) and Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.I've had them all for quite a while but I've recently read them again and I enjoyed them so much! If you've not read them then you definitely should, they're so good!


I've also been reading Style by Lauren Conrad. It's really good for help on everything from winged eyeliner to packing for a city break - LC shares her tried and tested tips with the reader, and I have to say I find it a useful book to own, especially the packing section! (I have to pack a lot and I always manage to forget something important)




Have you read any of these books? What did you think? Also, do you have any recommendations for other books that I should read?

Evie x

3 comments:

  1. Awww I loved that 'Just Listen' book. I read it when I was younger, it was so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i remember reading stargirl when i was 12 too!
    love lauren conrad's book as well, it's got such good tips inside
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Stargirl when I read it! Was so good x

    ReplyDelete